[JW Lua] Set staff to chromatic transposition

Aaron Sherber aaron at sherber.com
Thu Mar 30 15:56:16 CEST 2023

Unfortunately, Hide Key Signature and keyless scores don't do what I want
-- they both assume an underlying key. (So, for example, any Cs and Fs I
enter in a Bb clarinet part automatically become sharped.) It seems that
only chromatic transposition lets me enter what I see on the page with no
alterations. I can't understand why Finale implemented keyless scores this
way; Sibelius got it right.

I did diff the Enigma dumps to see what was going on; it wasn't immediately
clear to me what the differences represent, but I'll take another look. In
any case, this isn't hugely important -- just would be a nice time saver to
have a script to change all key sig transposed staves to chromatic.

Thanks,
Aaron.