[JW Lua] Deleting a staff... completely.

Robert Patterson robert at robertgpatterson.com
Mon Apr 15 16:19:27 CEST 2024

Deleting staves has always been a challenge. There are no direct functions
that are equivalent to Data Check->File Maintenance. You could, of course,
call the menu item from your script, but it would still pop up the dialog
box.

Finale itself (by design) only hides the staff when you "delete" it. I do
not know the history behind this design choice, but I'm pretty certain it
goes back to version 1.0.