[JWplugins] Mac only: Alias for the JW-plugins folder

Klaus Smedegaard Bjerre yorkmasterbbb at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 15:53:35 CET 2012

I like Jari’s efforts and his way of giving away for free these plugins.

He balances the need for fast availability with optimal functionality by a fast sequence of upgrades.

At my end of the line, I did what some others also have done: placed an alias for the JW-plugin folder in a top level administrative folder on my desktop Mac and on the desktop of my less used (for Finale work) laptop Mac. These computers are on  my LAN, so that I with one single download speedily can install the upgrades.

One catch: Even if I access the JW-alias at the laptop Mac directly from my desktop Mac, that alias then only works on the desktop Mac. I have to drag the given plugin to a folder on the laptop and then go to the physical incarnation of the laptop Mac to drag the plugin onto the JW-alias.

I have tried to attach that alias to this posting for you to use. It works with Finale 2012 and with OSX 10.7.5 & OSX 10.8.2.

But apparently Yahoo Mail on Safari doesn’t allow aliases to be attached. Fortunately you easily can make one yourself.

Klaus