[JWplugins] Cautionary Accidentals - follow-up

Steven M. Alper shop at knappalper.com
Mon Mar 4 17:56:05 CET 2013

On Mar 4, 2013, at 6:00 AM, Jari, the Most Awesome, wrote:

> My current design goal is to present a list to the user with the
> suggested accidental changes. The user will then be able to confirm all
> changes - or just some of the accidental changes.

I'm having trouble visualizing this. Do you mean an actual list like:

	measure 14 - D natural cancels Db in measure 13
	measure 27 - B natural in voice 1 counters Bb in voice 2

or some variant on this, where the user would have to scroll to find each occurrence in order to see the context?

Or could the plug-in jump around the score to each suggested change (kind of like the way the Instrument Range functions).

Otherwise, I'd probably just hit "confirm all" and hope to pick up any that I have issue with during proofing.

> Also, the user will not get the options directly in the window. Instead,
> all settings will be in selectable/editable settings profiles.
>
> If you have objections to this design model, please let me know.

What about making the options a separate tab on the plug-in, rather than burying it outside?

Thanks, Jari!

--

Steven M. Alper
shop at knappalper.com